references

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Saturday

Today felt like a success...for the most part....

I began the day with 1/4 cup of blue berries.....as in, I woke up at 8:00am and ate at 11:00am. I almost had cereal, but remembered what I said yesterday..."Nothing but raw fruits and veggies." I almost had something else since we're out of most fruits in the house, but I placed gum in my mouth and continued doing miscellaneous errands/chores until about 1:30pm. That was when I left to go to a friend's grad party.

I was nervous...I don't particularly know her, but a lot of friends said they'd come. I was DEAD wrong--they arrived probably a few hours after I left. But I called one of my best friends and asked if she was coming. When she arrived, I had pretty much succumbed to my hunger and had a small turkey sandwich. It probably took me 10 minutes to ingest the cellphone-sized lump of calories. Meaning, she arrived after I finished eating it. I still held the empty plate for a good half hour.

She lately has been showing worry about my eating habits. I'd blame the last quarter of eating (I really mean NOT eating) lunch next to her at our lunch table. I'd have stuff, like apples or 0 Cal flavored/vitamin water. But it wasn't until lately where she's been saying things like, "You should eat something." And this is coming from a girl whose BMI is 18 (I calculated during a pseudo argument), constantly says she's fat, says how much she doesn't want to be fat, and has as "weird" of habits as I do. PLUS, when the conversation in our friend group goes towards weight, she says things like "I like your big, Puerto Rican butt! It balances your boobs!" and, "Your my nice, voluptuous friend."

I hate it. she's supper skinny, complains about being fat, and say really bothersome, "Eat stuff" while saying, "your fat." She wouldn't leave me alone at the party until I ate something, and she made sure it was cake. And of course, the taste turned into me eating the whole cake. I felt horrible, spiteful, and like failure.

Then, later in the evening, my brother prepared two frozen pizzas: one thick and meaty, the other thin and cheesy. I've already showed a habit of napkin-ing my pizzas, so they didn't think anything of it. (I claim that the grease hurts my stomach, which is true at least for me). I also took large gulps of water between bites, which can also dilute the salt since there's always a TON of sodium in those things.

I spend a large chunk of my evening looking at dieting/fasting tips. Most of it is review, but review is a great reminder of the goals.

Tomorrow, Father's Day, will have to be a fast-like scenario. I'm getting used to feeling hungry while at home (I completely tolerate it while at school), so I may be able to last until we leave on the 45min drive to where my dad's stuck at work for that day. We may end up eating out, so I have to work my hardest to not f*** myself up prior (and during) it.

I'll probably do an early morning LONG, slow distance [LSDistance are running for long periods of time to broaden our baseline running endurance. Effects are seen 6-8 weeks after weekly runs of this] for about 40 minutes, perhaps 45. I'll have to look at a town map to get a good estimate of what I should do, assuming 10 minute mile pace. The last mile is always the most important.

I'll hopefully have a chance to add more to this blog. I'm thinking of doing research and provide almost a dense essay for different components to diet, exercise, and health. Nothing like that to keep people thinspired. I may also add another diet chart, if I have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment