references

Friday, July 8, 2011

July's First Week--Havoc

I'm not doing so well this week. Correction: I'm feeling like S#!% this week.

One major contributing factor is my inability to NOT binge. I started most days with my usual run and feeling good about myself, and then BAM! Something happens and I mope in the kitchen cupboard with food shoved into my face. Most binges I estimate are about 1,000 Cal. This makes me feel like such a slob. Like one of those cliche women who shovels chocolate icecream down their throats in an attempt to bury their emotional breakup.

Of course, this means I backtracked this week. I just looked online with my measurements, and guess what--I'M FATTER. Yeah, that's right. Emotional, stressed eating makes people fat. But that's nothing new to the diet world. We've all known it. But the unfortunate just cannot break it. I don't plan to keep my misfortune.

Today was probably the most stressful of the week. I got home from a pathetic 2 mile aerobic run and my mom calls me over and complains about my ACT scores. I know they need improvement, and I know I need to study and take the summer program to help prepare myself so I can get accepted into one of my desired colleges. But she's freaking out about EVERYTHING--her major 25th anniversary trip, my brother studying for MCAT, her recording studio, money, our dog, her work, my post-high school life...everything. So she spent probably 3 hours complaining and fighting me about my ACT even though I was on her side.

Not to mention, we have a chipmunk problem. They're digging holes all over our yard, so we invested in a harmless trap-and-release trap to catch them. I've been catching them for at least 3 years, and no chipmunks have died under my hand. Until today. I feel like crap, because the poor (probably young) fellow died because I intervened with it's life.I feel like I was careless, and I should have been more responsible to prevent the chipmunk's death.

So, I now ponder upon my fat-ass, thinking of ways to help better myself. I plan on making a list of things to do when I feel tempted by the accursed foods. Once the list is made, I'll post it as a page. Although, I'll forewarn readers--the list may apply more to me than the general public as I have weird hobbies.

Until later, stay focus on your goals. Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment